Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Salmon Ravioli with Mustard Cream Sauce

I found this recipe on the web from thetravelingtable.com.  I changed it up just a little.  I also added the 
mustard cream sauce.  I thought it would go good with salmon.  



Salmon Filling

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
6 ounces ‘hot’ smoked salmon, or cooked salmon
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
2 tsp chopped fresh dill

Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened. In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, salmon, Old Bay, dill and onion mixture.
Assemble using a ravioli cutter as shown below
Roll the pasta dough as thin as possible using a pasta machine or by hand.  I used level 6 on the pasta machine, it was the thinnest i used.  Or cut the pasta in 3-inch strips. Place 1-tablespoon scoops of salmon filling on top of the pasta, spacing about 1 1/2-inches apart. Lay a second strip of pasta on top and seal around each mound of filling. Cut out each ravioli with a knife or cookie cutter. Pinch the edges to make sure they are sealed. These can be frozen on a cookie sheet until solid and then transferred to a zip bag to cook as desired. 

I froze my on a cookie sheet, then transferred them to a zip lock bag.  Then when I cooked them, I boiled them from frozen for 14 minutes. 

PRINTABLE RECIPE FOR ALL THREE RECIPES

 flake the salmon 
 I added the cooked onions and red pepper
 Add the rest of the ingredients

Lemon Pasta Dough

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a food processor combine the flour, egg, zest, juice, oil, and salt. Process until dough forms. Depending on the flour, you made need to add a bit of water or more flour. Dump onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Wrap in plastic and let rest on the counter for 10-15 minutes.



 If you look real close you can see the lemon zest in the dough.

Mustard Cream Sauce
1 tbsp. butter
3/4 cup whipping cream (35%)
1 tsp. grainy mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch dried chili flakes, to taste
Handful Italian parsley, chopped
1 to 2 tbsp. chicken stock, if needed

PREPARATION

To fry pan, add butter. When butter melts, add cream, grainy mustard and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens or reduces by about half, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chili flakes, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Place the raviolis into the sauce and let heat through, about 1 minute. If sauce becomes too thick, thin with 1 to 2 tbsp. chicken stock or cream. 

 Put the raviolis in the sauce, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.

 These are so so so good.  My kids loved them.
This is the ravioli tray I used to form my raviolis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...