Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ricotta & Goat Cheese Ravioli


These are your basic cheese ravioli's for my picky daughter who just likes it plain.  I added the goat cheese because I had some left over from when I made my chicken and sausage ravioli's and it really gave it a nice tangy flavor. 

Ricotta & Goat cheese recipe:

3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
3 oz goat cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Put the goat cheese in a 1 cup measuring cup and add the ricotta cheese to equal 1 cup.  Mix cheese with 1 egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until it sets. 


PASTA DOUGH:

1 1/2 cup Semolina Flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 TBls water
2 Tbls olive oil

Combine semolina and salt.  Add beaten eggs, water and oil in the center of the flour.  Slowly blend until it makes a stiff dough.  Knead 10 minutes or until the dough is elastic.  Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest for 20 minutes.  When ready, on a lightly floured surface, roll our dough using a pasta machine to the number #6. and assemble raviolis. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...