Tuesday, May 1, 2012

3 Meat Pasta

I got this recipe online from Paula Deen.  I slimmed down the recipe so it isn't so fattening by using low fat or fat free cottage cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese. You can play around with this recipe and use different meats. Also you can throw is some veggies, like mushrooms and peas.  In the recipe below, I used deer meat as one of the meats because I had it in my freezer to use.  It made this pasta taste so smokey and good.  Look for a sausage made from turkey that is smoked.
RECIPE:

  • 1 pound angel hair pasta
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, off the bone
  • 2 cups cooked ring sausage, cut 1/2-inch thick (you can use smoked turkey sausage)
  • 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 16 ounces cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 to 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot, boil salted water for angel hair pasta. When cooked, drain and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together the chicken, sausage, ham, onions, cheddar cheese and cottage cheese and sour cream.
Take the 1 cup of chicken broth and pour into the meat, mix until blended.
Add pasta to the meat mixture and blend
Pour mixture into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch greased baking dish and top with the parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bubbling around the edges.


PRINTABLE RECIPE

 This is the deer meat i used.  You can use ring sausage turkey for lower calorie.
 I blended the meat and then the cheddar cheese.
 added the cottage cheese
 added the sour cream
 added 1 cup of chicken broth
 I put the noodles in a sprayed pan
 I poured the meat cheese mixture over the noodles and mixed up
 sprinkles parmesan cheese over the noodles
 Baked it 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...