Monday, February 20, 2012

SCALLOPED POTATOES

I got this recipe a long time ago from a recipe book and I use it all the time.  The cheese gets nice and brown and bubbly on top.  It is so easy to make and good with ham.


1/4 cup chopped onion
4 tbls butter
4 tbls flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
1 1/2 cups velveeta, in chunks


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 1 qt dish. 
Cook onion in butter until tender.
Stir in flour, salt, pepper and cheese, add milk until thick and bubbly.
Add potatoes and mix.
Pour into greased dish and bake covered for 35minutes.
Uncover and bake 30 more minutes until tender.


PRINTABLE RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...