Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mac And Cheese copycat Noodles & co


This mac and cheese is a copy cat of Noodles and Company.  I took the recipe off the web at savoryreviews.com and tried it and it was really good.  I didn't have Monterey jack cheese so I used cheddar cheese and didn't put any on the top. But next time I will try with Monterey jack cheese and top it with cheddar. My daughter loves mac and cheese and she really liked it.  My self and husband thought it was a little bland, next time I will put a slash of hot sauce in it:) Also I like Panko bread crumbs for the top for a crunch, so i would toast some panko bread crumbs with some butter and sprinkle on the top for extra flavor and texture. 
 1/2 lb macaroni
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
                                                                     
What the sauce looks like before you mix it with the noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...