Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baked Chicken Penne

I found this recipe on the internet and changed up some of the ingredients and left out some.  The recipe called for 1 cup of mushrooms.  I love mushrooms but my daughter does not like them and she wouldn't eat it if it had them in it.  So I took them out of the recipe.  If you love mushrooms fry them with the chicken.
  
INGREDIENTS
1 lbs uncooked Penne pasta
1 lbs chicken breast cut up in chunks
salt and pepper to season chicken
1 tsp olive oil
6 TBS butter
1/2 cup  plus 2 Tbls of flour
5 cloves minced garlic
6 cups 2% milk
1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes from a can with juice drained
8 oz italian blend of cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese



 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
salt and pepper the chicken and fry it in a pan with the olive oil until no longer pink. Take out of the pan and set aside.
 As you are frying the chicken, boil the 1 lbs of Penne in salty water until al dente and drain and set aside.
In the same pan you cooked the chicken, melt the 6 Tbls of butter
When melted, add the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the 6 cups of milk slowly, whisking the flour into it so it doesn't get lumpy.
 Spray a very large pan or divide it in two pans.
I used a 15 1/2 x 11 deep pan.
Mix the liquid, chicken and penne together and dump it into the pan.
 Bake 400 degrees for 50 minutes. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Cabbage Soup

I saw this recipe online. I changed a few things around. I love soup with cabbage. 1 cup diced white onion 4 cloves minced garlic 5 cups shr...